Vakeel Sahab Pro is an online Indian legal Portal founded in the year 2020, envisioned to empower the Lawyer’s creed. Law is like an ocean the deeper you go, the more you realise its depth. We aim to enhance your legal knowledge and skills not only by providing a learning platform but to make use of law in forming your opinions and raising your arguments.
Our startup strives to bring innovative legal events and programs for participants who are willing to stand apart from the crowd and realise their potential in uncommon ways. Being part of the legal world is about adding value to your personality and professional development. We always try to achieve what is fruitful for your Curriculum Vitae as well as self-fulfillment. The usual bars to learning surrounded by orthodox methods leave no space for growth. Thus our mission should be to break the four walls of customary learning and think out of the box ways to advance our growth.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION –
Vakeel Sahab Pro is organizing the Oxford-style debate competition where the participants are required to show their talents of words and expressions through debating skills on various topics in an online mode.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE –
-Anyone pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate courses from any recognized university or college
– Legal Processionals only.
DATE OF DEBATE-
16th 17TH & 18th May 2021
WHAT IS OXFORD STYLE DEBATE?
It is a type of debate on the predetermined statement- also called as a motion, the participants are required to present the arguments in one by one manner as first-person will present his or her arguments and after that opponent will present his or her argument.
When one person will speak then no opponent will say and vice versa.
One will go – for the motion
One will go – against the motion which will be decided by organizers.
1. Debate will be on language – Hindi or English only.
2. There will be of total three rounds i.e (Preliminary, Semi Finale, Final Round)
3. On the first day, only a preliminary round will execute as the participants will get one topic each for one team and then they will get only 10 min (5 min each side in 2 min break ) and 1 min if they are having some introduction or speech related to that topic.
4. First 2 min from for the motion then the opponent will come and start for 2 min and same will happen for three times and after that, both can ask questions from each other if they want or if they don’t want to then they can continue 2 min break arguments debate.
5. One-minute speech or introduction is not compulsory.
6. Conclusion is compulsory. (Extra one minute for this)
7. No personal, religious, slang words have to be used.
8. Making notes is permitted.
9. If a participant of the other side is not present then only one side participant will present his or her arguments and a rebuttal will be held from the organizers.
10. Only formal dress will be allowed.
11. Final Results will be binding on everyone and no one can go against that order.
12. No rebuttal and questioning & answering will be held in the first round.
13. Only one winner will get Achievement Certificate and all others will get a PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATE.
14. Use of Webcam/face camera while debating is compulsory and participants have to face the camera.
15. Reading from any written document is prohibited and if the organizers get to know about this so the participants will be disqualified immediately.
16. Topic of Motion for the second round will be given before 12 hours of debate.
17. The participants are required to keep themselves ready to log in before 10 min so that the punctuality and internet connection can be managed.
18. Internet connection problems are not our problem.
19. Ten minutes in First Round
Eighteen min in Second Round
Twenty Three min in Final Round
20. Team will be made on a knockout basis.
21. One team code will also be given to them.
22. No extra time for poor internet connection problems.
There is a nominal fee of 121 Rs for registration.
Team Attorneylex is a Student-run organisation, it is an online platform for law students where they can contribute their legal knowledge and get recognized for their contribution. We aim to guide law students in their legal research, content writing, case analysis, read or understand the judgments passed by the courts, etc. because we believe that these things are an essential part of the legal profession.
In this epoch of information explosion, it has become really difficult to rely on the content available online because of various reasons sometimes it is the authenticity of the content itself, the language of content, wrong citations etc. But we are here to ensure quality content for you, written by experienced writers, checked by professionals. This is a website with a mission to provide legal reporting more accurate, transparent and accessible to everyone.
Along with the other activities the endeavour is to deliver legal help to the sectors of society that are unable to access existing legal services due to illiteracy and poor economic conditions.
About the Competition:
The objective of this competition is to promote the importance of the latest landmark judgment passed by the Supreme Court of India. This competition will enable the participants to know that how these latest judgments have changed the overall course of justice. The Supreme Court landmark judgments provided as the theme of the Competition would not only enrich the academic experience but also provide knowledge about the practical aspect of the professional legal world. This Case Comment Writing Competition seeks to promote original thoughts, and analysis amongst students, researchers, academicians and legal practitioners.
Open to All.
All undergraduate and postgraduate students, teachers, research scholars from a recognized school, college or university are eligible to participate in this competition.
List of Cases for Case Comment Writing ( Choose any one)
Shatrughan Chauhan & Anr v. Union of Indian [Death Penalty and Mercy Petition 2014]
Abhilasha v. Parkash [2020 SCC OnLine SC 736] (maintenance under Section 125 CrPC)
Anuradha Bhasin v. Union of India [2020 3 SCC 637] (Kashmir Lockdown)
State of Karnataka v. State of Tamil Nadu [Cauvery Dispute]
Navtej Singh Johar v. Union of India [ WP (Criminal) No. 76 of 2016]- [Sec. 377 Verdict]
Central Public Information Officer, Supreme Court v. Subash Chandra Agarwal [CJI Office comes under RTI Act 2020]
The Secretary, Ministry of Defence v. Babita Puniya & Ors [Gender Equality in Armed Forces 2020]
Dheeraj Mor v. Hon’ble High Court of Delhi [Judicial Services 2020]
Amit Sahni v. Commissioner of Police, [2020 SCC OnLine SC 808] ( Shaheen Bagh Protests)
Sushila Aggarwal v. State of NCT of Delhi [2020 5 SCC 1] ( Protection under Anticipatory Bail )
Dr. Shah Faesal & Ors. v. Union of India & Ors. [2020 4 SCC 1] ( Article 370 )
Pandurang Ganpati v. Vishwasrao Patil Murgud Sahakari Bank Ltd [2020 SCC OnLine SC 431] (SARFAESI Act )
Note: The submission shall also be accompanied by another Word document consisting of a Cover Letter mentioning the Name of the Author/s; Name of the Institution/College/University; Designation; Year of Study (if applicable); Email ID.
Marks Shall be allotted based on:
Understanding of the Facts of the Case (Topic chosen)
Analysis and Conclusion
Presentation and Creativity
Compliance & Strict Adherence to formatting and submission guidelines
Important Dates and Timing:
Last Date of Registration: 05 June 2021
Last Date of Submission: 07 June 2021, 11:59
Declaration of Results: 13 June 2021
Winner: Cash prize Rs. 2000/- + Certificate of Merit + Free Article/ Case Summary publication on the website/Journal + Online Internship opportunity with the Team Attorneylex.
Runner up: Cash prize Rs. 1000/- + Certificate of Merit + Free Article/ Case Summary publication on the website/Journal + Online Internship Opportunity with Team Attorneylex.
2nd Runner Up: Cash prize Rs. 500/- + Certificate of Merit + Free Article/ Case Summary publication on the website/Journal + Online Internship Opportunity with Team Attorneylex.
Top 10 Performers: Certificate of Merit + Free Article/ Case Summary publication on the website/Journal + Online Internship Opportunity with Team Attorneylex.
E – participation Certificate will be provided to all the participants.
ABOUT NEETI SHASTRA: Neeti Shastra (www.nscorpus.com) is a one-stop platform for the legal fraternity with the most unique services. Founded with the goal to assist law students to gain practical exposure during their law school, Neeti Shastra’s continued efforts towards this cause has led to the formation of Networking Groups comprising over a thousand law students from around the country engaging in fruitful discussions and deliberate exchange of legal knowledge. Apart from this, our dedication also extends to assisting recruiters in the field of law in finding suitable interns and job candidates for their organizations via Associations with us. We operate with the aim of easing the hiring process for both candidates and recruiters.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION: Sakshar Law Associates is a full service law firm based in New Delhi, India. They are passionate about empowering clients by providing them with legal services. This organization specializes in Government and Regulatory Matters & Intellectual Property Rights. Other areas of practice include Employment and Labor Laws, IT, Commerce, Startups Laws, Contractual & Commercial IP Law, Corporate Law and Art Laws.
The firm is inviting applications for virtual internship through Neeti Shastra.
Eligibility: Law students of 3rd, 4th and 5th year.
Work Profile: Research work and article writing for the firm.